Monday, April 1, 2024

Reflection BLOG


WE MADE IT! Never thought I would get to reach this point, yet everything went so fast. You can clearly see my overwhelm and confused state. This project was a learning experience, challenged and motivated. I learned to use the tools, materials, and resources practically available and focus all of my attention to adhering to my pre planned schedule and developing organizational skills. The portfolio project was an insightful task, pushing my abilities to level I didn't know existed, way beyond comfort zones. I evoked and developed a great understanding and appreciation for the film media world.Learning skills of time management and adhering to responsibilities on a personal schedule, and how to combine prior and new information to create the 2 minute film opening.

One of the highlights of the project was undoubtedly being able to apply the knowledge I learned during the school year. For instance, filming perspectives and shots cohering and correlating with my narrative and extending my production abilities to incorporate mi-en-scene which was my absolute favorite. Selecting outfits for my character, props, hairstyle choices, all these details was super interesting and fun! For example, the brilliant idea of symbolizing the heart shaped necklace, how such a simple prop could have so much significance and importance. All these acts, steps, and detail only increase my admirable for such professions for pre existing films. Are feature and specific detail once unnoticed and unappreciated now captures and allures me. Most of all, I am extremely proud of the consistent and effective communication my partner, Camila Sanchez and I had through out the project, from start to finish. There was such an easy flow of ideas, opinions, perspectives. Establishing an open debate maintaining a collaborative environment, we listened to each others ideas, and respectfully agreed to disagree to remain equally satisfied with the project. If it weren't for the balanced responsibility, this project wouldn't have been as successful as it is now. Realizing our mistakes and making cool collaborative executive decisions for solutions. 

As wish to tell old me, starting the project fresh, is to record more footage! For future improvement, I would have rearranged my timeline schedule and planned to meet my partner more inperson during non school hours. However, ultimately I am very proud of both my partner and I because our ideas became a reality and we learned so much about ourselves and each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Opening

Here is the link to my 2 minute project film opening  Title: Golden Escape  Link:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KYi3k8lGmIZpQE44OHhLGmpH...